Thursday, March 17, 2011

The message for everyone on the earth, from the secretariat of Sendai International Music Competition

This is Chiba, ex-manager of this blog.
As you know, Sendai is hit by the greatest earthquake and Tsunami. Especially, so many coastal towns are struck by unprecedented disaster.

I'm living in overseas from the end of the 4th competition, by good fortune, so I present the message on behalf of the secretariat of Sendai International Music Competition.

Here is an email message from Mr. Nihei, a staff of the secretariat.
(his message is translated by me)


"Now I'm in the office.
In the snow, biked 10km or more to office. It's for the first time in three decades?

I start checking email now. Messages are coming from competition's juries and contestants, and so many people, gave us warm concerning and supporting. I can't stop my eyes water."



This is a message from Mr. Nihei on behalf of the secretariat of competition.


"All staffs of the secretariat of Sendai International Music Competition are safety. From now, we determine to engage in reconstruction assistance. And we wish for peace in the world."


According to Mr. Nihei, staffs are striving to help the evacuation center and some places now, their office may work from next week. Then competition project might temporary close for diverting fund to reconstruction of Sendai city.

I hope the day will come again to be filled by music in Sendai.


Chiba, SIMC volunteer staff

No comments: